Sunday, May 15, 2011

Waiting...

I apologize for my last post; it didn't save and only posted what I had wrote last night.

We're in through security and just waiting to board the flight, now...9 hours of being cooped up on a plane so I plan on exploring what I can of the airport, soon, to stretch my legs.

So far, things are going fantastic. The orientation this morning was as beautiful as this program and the opportunity the program gives so many young people.

In short, this morning was mainly group activities getting to know people - everyone is so wonderful, from different backgrounds, with all different experiences and reasons for being here. We did a lot of activities of why people are doing the trip, what we hope the experience will give us, etc, etc.

It's been so fantastic meeting everyone that I've chatted to online, and those who I hadn't. (A big thanks to Kyle for letting me use his laptop right now to make things a bit quicker and to ensure a post).

I'm really looking forward to meeting Pinchas, the survivor who will be traveling on my bus, and hearing his story, and really ensuring the "never again" to make sure history is not forgotten, and there are people to continue stories when the survivors are gone.

Today has just been a whirlwind day and I'm feeling so prepared and excited now that things are finally happening. It's so amazing that we've all made such a connection so quickly - we're all so different, but so alike, and having such a great time already.

We got a wonderful notebook of readings of the sites we'll be at, as well as basic articles on the Holocaust and a copy of the itinerary to follow along. A great memory, for sure.

I best get this computer back to it's generous owner, but, thank you all for following along.

Be sure to check out Allison's blog later today, as well. She'll be posting shortly.

And thank you to all the wonderful people embarking on this journey with me. You've given me strength.

Hope to post from Berlin tomorrow night, if not when we land in Germany to let you know my whereabouts. I'll do my best.

Peace, and love.

And, happy birthday to my best friend, Angela. I'll have a German beer for you!

1 comment:

  1. So glad things are going well. Great that you already feel "connected" with the group. Is Lilah your roommate for the entire trip? Bon Voyage darlin'. Take good care of yourself.. Love you...
    Mama xoxo

    ReplyDelete