Saturday, May 14, 2011

Adios!

As you're reading this post, my flight is leaving the Fredericton airport, to Toronto.

I went to work this morning, where I was beyond excited and bouncy, anxious to get on the plane, and meet Dan, Geraldine, Allison, my roommate Lilah, and all the other wonderful MRHers embarking on this journey with me. After months of chatting online and throwing ideas around, it's going to be so great to finally put a face to a name and talk face to face.

On the drive back into town from work this morning, I cried. Because I have such wonderful friends, and co-workers who give me such strength and gave me such a wonderful send off with so many warm wishes this morning. And because this is finally happening. I have no idea what I'll do with the knowledge I'll gather while overseas, but I know that I have so many opportunities with it. I'm so grateful to have this chance.

I'll be spending this evening in the Toronto Airport at the Sheraton, before an all-morning and afternoon orientation with the whole group of MRH people tomorrow. Our flight leaves for Berlin via Frankfurt at 0620pm Toronto time Sunday evening.

I just wanted to thank you all again for following along and giving me the strength to take part in this program, which I recommend to you all in future years, if the opportunity arises.

A quick Google search of the hotels I'll be staying at tells me I should, assuming all goes as planned and the Internet is not lying, be able to blog every night but the night we are staying in Lublin. I hope this is true, the need for sleep each night being taken into consideration, so I can keep you all posted on my journeys and the sites I'll be visiting each day.

I'll warn you in advance that I will be posting from my iPod, and spelling errors may frequent my posts. I also, unfortunately, will not have the ability to post photos throughout my trip, but I assure you there will be 100s to share upon my return to Canada, and my laptop.

Stay tuned.....

Peace, and love.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck and Bonne Voyage! Gail M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have an amazing time in Poland take lots of pictures and enjoy yourself ~B

    ReplyDelete