Friday, May 20, 2011

Reflections

Yesterday really moved me.

I cannot describe the last monument we were at, located at Majdanek next to the crematorium. Words cannot describe it's size, importance or the emotional aspect it carries. Nor can pictures, although I will share these with you once I am home. A wave of shivers went over my body.

70 tonnes of ash. How could I not be moved? How could this not deeply, emotionally, spiritually affect someone?

How could I not feel such weight and sorrow as I lit a candle, thought of Philip Riteman and how it could have easily have been "him" there, in that pile? We know so many stories. We know so many names of those who perished. But I can't help but think of those we don't know. Those who don't have someone lighting a candle for them. And how they will never know that so many still do light candles for them. How could we not?

I just have so many questions and so much to think about - so much more I want to learn and hear about. So much that intrigues but hurts me. And there are so many stories I still yearn to learn.

But for now, I must let you learn. Through me. This tour - these sites - are something every human being should visit. There is one race. The human race. And we all share emotion and compassion, and I really hope to practice what I preach, to preach, to teach. As Pinchas said, "when the student is ready, the teacher will come".

That is the best I can do for reflection right now. I can't even understand the connections we, on MRH, have as we hug and hold hands to share strength, to warm hearts and feel each other's break. A few days at home in my pjs, soaking my aching feet will work wonders to reflect on my photos, my blogs, my journals and my tears. And more will come on this then.

Peace, and love.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone, from Warsaw, Poland.

No comments:

Post a Comment