Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pride in my Hometown

Tonight, I am very proud of my hometown of Fredericton, and even more so of two grade six classes at Ecole St Anne - the francophone school in the city.

Without giving away any details, it has been brought to my attention that several members of the community and Frederictonians have offered to help out in the funding efforts of these classes. I am thrilled to hear this - what a fantastic sense of community and pride in our youth and education!

The article speaks for itself, and I strongly urge you to take the time to read it. I will be speaking to these classes on my experiences traveling overseas to sites such as Auschwitz, upon returning home at Christmas time.

"Grade 6 class takes on racism and religious persecution" 

In other news, I strongly urge you to seek out the film - and book - entitled "Hana's Suitcase". I have not had the opportunity to get my hands on a copy of either, but have had heard fantastic things from many people.

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the whole ocean does not become dirty." - Mohandas Ghandi

No comments:

Post a Comment