Sunday, October 23, 2011

Holocaust Education Week

Hi everyone,

I realize that in my last post - just over a month ago - I said my blog has gone to bed. I lied. This week is Holocaust Education Week and Halifax, through the Atlantic Jewish Council, has a fantastic line-up of presentations, talks, and short films.

I hope to attend several of these events, and do a bit more with my blog, recapping these stories for those who cannot attend, as well as (once again) stressing the importance of Holocaust education.

I, unfortunately, have not yet planned an event here in Halifax similar to An Evening of Education and Inspiration, but continue to search out recent articles relating to the Holocaust and have several discussions with other passionate friends on numerous topics. If nothing else, I am furthering my education.

My full feature in The Watch
For now, I just wanted to post a few quick articles, including one that I wrote for the King's College student magazine - The Watch.

My article (page 16)

Art Spiegelman on his Maus books

A controversial ad campaign that sparked much discussion within our MRH group

"Auschwitz jacket donated to Montreal museum"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,

    What an opportunity to take part in the Pilgrim-
    age to Poland. You are doing a great service to
    educate both yourself and others. Keep up the
    good work. It would be great if you could go to
    Israel too. I've been there and have had some
    incredible experiences there with the Jewish
    people in the "Promised Land" of Israel
    All the best to you.

    Sincerely,

    Bob Watson

    ReplyDelete