Thursday, January 12, 2012

A few announcements..

Hello everyone and Happy 2012!

The beautiful Wannsee Villa, Berlin, where the horrors of the
Holocaust were planned.
It's hard to believe that just a year ago I was anxiously awaiting a reply from MRH on their selection process, hoping my application made it on time....

That being said, I have some upsetting news to share for all of you students who have been faithfully following my blog and who were hoping to embark on a journey with this wonderful program in 2012. Sadly, MRH has been put on a hiatus for 2012, due to lack of funds. It will, however, be back up and running for spring of 2013, and you should check the Canadian Centre for Diversity website in November 2012 for application forms. My apologies.

However, if you are in the Halifax area and would like to be inspired, I have some exciting news! On 26 January, the Atlantic Jewish Council is partnering with King's College for International Holocaust Remembrance Day. At 7pm in the KTS room of the New Academic Building at King's, there will be a fantastic evening of inspiration: three Holocaust survivors will be speaking, including Philip Riteman, the brave man I had the pleasure of meeting last spring and marched for while in Poland in May. The evening will also include poetry readings and a reception. Admission is free, however if you are interested, Philip Riteman's memoir Millions of Souls (which I highly recommend) will be for sale, as will the book Turning the Corner at Dusk. I do hope to see you there.

Stay tuned for a blogpost following this event....

1 comment: