Thursday, February 24, 2011

Witaj! Welcome!

Welcome to my own little tracking system of my journey to study, remember, and witness the lasting effects of the Holocaust; the ultimate hate.

May 15-23, 2011 I will be traveling with the March of Remembrance and Hope to Berlin, Germany, and numerous sites around Poland with 59 other Canadian university students, several mentors and guides, and several Holocaust survivors as this journey unfolds.

The March of Remembrance and Hope, a program through the Canadian Centre for Diversity, will allow me to expand my knowledge on the Holocaust, experience an emotional journey with other students, witness hatred first hand, and rally together to change the world: to eliminate hatred, genocide and discrimination.

This blog will act as a spot for you, my supporters, to follow my journey as I struggle with (what I imagine will be) overwhelming emotions while I am overseas, and as I prepare for the trip through readings and webinars with the group, as well as search for my place in all of this when I come home and attempt to make a mark on the contemporary world through awareness in the society in which I live: mainly in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

I look forward to participating in this program and receiving further information regarding the itinerary, readings, etc. I appreciate your support as I embark on this, and hope you enjoy following my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment